Are there cost concerns for the client?
Use the statements below for some general guidance.
- Does resolution at a fraction of the cost of traditional litigation work for the client?
- Are the attorneys' fees expected to exceed the cost of the property or damages at stake?
- Are the attorneys' fees and litigation costs expected to exceed the value of the case?
- Does the client have limited resources?
- Is this a case that can be solved between the parties with the assistance of their attorneys?
- Does your client/potential client have an interest in resolving the case without litigation?
- Has your client/potential client expressed ideas of how the case might be resolved or want to be party to the resolution?
- Are there issues or damages at stake in the case, other than money damages?