Do one or more of the parties wish to preserve the existing working, business or personal relationship?
Use the statements below for some general guidance.
- Do the parties wish to preserve the relationship?
- Are the parties better served by continuing the relationship if they can agree? (i.e. construction contracts and vendors, business partners, employee and employer situations where termination is not the preferred or recommended option, estate matters etc., where ongoing relationships may be present or needed);
- Can they communicate without arguing?
- Do they have ideas of a solution but simply cannot agree?
- Are there non-monetary solutions?
- Can they talk to each other for more than 5 minutes without arguing?